Cookies cannot be used to run programs or transfer viruses to a computer. Cookies can only be read by the web server where they come from.
We will not transmit to any third party the information saved in cookies.
Please note that after disabling / deleting cookies, there is a possibility that the individual functions of our site may not work as expected. Disabling / deleting cookies will only affect the internet browser used for this purpose. Therefore, the process of disabling / deleting cookies must be repeated accordingly for any other internet browsers.
In itself, cookies do not request personal information in order to be used and, in most cases, do not personally identify Internet users.
There are 2 major categories of cookies:
• Session cookies - these are temporarily stored in the cookies file of the web browser so that it can store them until the user leaves the respective website or closes the browser window (eg: when logging in / logging out a webmail account or on social networks).
• Persistent cookies - these are stored on the hard drive of a computer or equipment (generally, it depends on the default lifetime of the cookie). Persistent cookies also include those placed by a web-site other than the one the user is currently visiting - they are known as 'third party cookies' - which can be used anonymous to memorize a user's interests, so that the most relevant advertising for users is delivered.
The advantages of cookies
A cookie contains information that links a web browser (user) to a specific web server (website). If a browser accesses that web server again, it can read the already stored information and react accordingly faster and more intuitively. Cookies provide users with a pleasant browsing experience and support the efforts of many web-sites to provide comfortable services to users (eg online privacy preferences, site language options, shopping carts or relevant advertising).
The lifespan of a cookie
Cookies are managed by web servers. The lifespan of a cookie can vary significantly, depending on the purpose for which it is placed and used. Some cookies are used exclusively for a single session (session cookies) and are no longer retained once the user has left the website and some cookies are retained and reused each time the user returns to that website (" persistent cookies ”). However, cookies can be deleted by a user at any time through the browser settings or the browser can be set to automatically delete all cookies each time it is closed.
Cookies used by PilotShop.ro:
- Absolutely necessary cookie files allow you to navigate the site and use its basic functions. Usually, they are installed only in response to actions performed by you that equate to a service request. These cookies are indispensable for using the site. We are allowed to process the data in this context with your consent (Article 6 (1a) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679). We keep this data until the respective cookie expires or until you delete it.
- Functionality cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our site and allow us to offer you improved and more personalized functions, such as the contents of the shopping cart, the last products viewed, products tracked, etc. These cookies collect anonymous information and cannot track your browsing on other websites. The expiration period of these cookies is a maximum of 6 months.
- Analytical and performance cookies allow us to recognize and count users and collect information about how the site is used (for example, the pages a user opens most often and whether the user receives error messages). on certain pages). This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that you can easily find what you are looking for. The expiration period of these cookies is a maximum of 6 months.
- Cookies on marketing and target audience identification record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have accessed. We'll use this information to provide you with ads that are more relevant to you and your interests. They may also be used to limit how often you see an ad and to help measure the effectiveness of your advertising campaigns. We may also share this information with third parties (such as advertisers) for this purpose. The expiration period of these cookies is a maximum of 2 years.
Services provided by third parties
Certain sections and functionalities of the site are provided through third parties / suppliers. These third parties may also place cookies through the site and they are called "third party cookies" because they are not placed by the owner of that website. Third party providers must also comply with applicable law and the privacy policies of the site owner.
Currently, the site uses providers for functionalities such as processing online payments, searching the site, analyzing visitors, sending newsletters, displaying videos, etc.
We use the following cookies: