Bose A20 High Impedance and Bluetooth
The A20 Aviation Headset is engineered to be more comfortable and provide more noise reduction than any headset we've ever made, while still delivering the clear audio you expect from Bose.
The A20® Aviation Headset is engineered to be more comfortable and provide more noise reduction than any headset we’ve ever made, while still delivering the clear audio you expect from Bose. And now there are more optional features than ever, including: a Bluetooth® audio and communications interface; customisable audio prioritisation control; intuitive “plug-and-play” operation; a high-performance microphone and an optional coil cord. And at just 340 grams, it’s still one of the lightest active noise cancelling headsets out there. No other headset offers this unique combination of features and benefits.
- 30% greater active noise reduction than conventional aviation headsets
- 30% less clamping force than conventional aviation headsets
- Clear audio with active equalisation
- Bluetooth® audio and communications interface for connectivity with your communications and navigation devices*
- Customisable audio prioritisation control lets you mute an audio signal when receiving a communication, or mix the two together*
- Simple, intuitive headset operation—plug it in, turn it on, go flying*
Enjoy a peaceful, comfortable flight
Proprietary technologies in the A20® Aviation Headset reduce noise across the full spectrum of human hearing, even in loud environments. Advanced electronics use microphones inside and outside the earcup to sense and reduce ambient sound. Bose® ear cushion technology helps further reduce unwanted noise. Innovative cushion materials block sound before it enters the earcups, providing an even quieter headset experience.
Clear audio for music and communication
Bose Active EQ keeps the audio clear and distinct, whether you’re listening to music or an important communication.
Simple, intuitive operation
Plug-and-play convenience* means the headset is ready to fly when you are, without you having to press a lot of buttons first just to activate it.
Enhance your experience
The ergonomic control module includes an auxiliary audio input with Intercom/AUX priority switching, ideal for dedicated GPS and traffic warning systems. It also features a customisable audio prioritisation control with “mute” and “mix” settings, and flexible power circuitry with auto-on that switches seamlessly to and from battery power and aircraft power. Selected models also include Bluetooth® connectivity for taking calls or listening to music.
For all types of aircraft
The A20® Aviation Headset is available in dual plug, 6-pin plug and U174 plug models and a variety of configurations designed for use in all types of general aviation aircraft, including helicopters.
*Features available in certain variants of the headset
- Dimensions A20® Aviation Headset: 21.4 cm H x 16.1 cm W x 8 cm D (340 g)
- Technical Specs:
- Headphone Damage could occur to avionics equipment that is intended for use only with 600 Ohm headsets. If in doubt, consult the avionics equipment manufacturer.
- Impedance Monaural mode: 160 Ohms ON and OF; Stereo mode: 320 Ohms ON and OFF
- Frequency response 15 Hz to 15 kHz
- Sensitivity: 92 dB SPL typical, measured at 1 mw, 1 kHz, full volume on a KEMAR ear simulator.
- Microphone (Electret) Bias required: 8 to 16 VDC through 220 to 2200 Ohms.
- Sensitivity: Varies depending on bias and AC radio input impedance. Typical output is 600 mV at 114 dB SPL. To assure proper modulation of the radio, it is recommended that an avionics technician adjusts its input to match the output of the microphone.
- Maximum ambient noise level 115 dBC SPL for full active noise reduction performance
- Power source Battery-powered: Two (2) AA alkaline
- Aircraft-powered: 10 to 32 VDC
- Voltage Battery-powered: Two (2) AA alkaline batteries
- Aircraft-powered: 10 to 32 VDC
- Battery life Alkaline battery life: At least 45 hours in typical general aviation aircraft noise. Duration varies with battery age, ambient noise levels, temperature, ear cushion seal, and use of the Bluetooth feature.
- Current Operating: 25 mA in typical aircraft noise
- Fuse/breaker recommended 1/4 amp, fast-blow fuse (AGC 1/4 amp fuse) or 1/2 amp circuit breaker
- Headset weight 12 ounces
- Headset size range Slider not extended: 8.425" (214mm) H x 6.34" (161mm) W x 3.15" (80mm) D; Slider extended: 10.2" (259mm) H x 6.6" (168mm) W x 3.15" (80mm) D
- Control module dimensions 1.5" (38.1mm) H x 1.5" (38.1mm) W x 4.92" (125mm) D
- Temperature and Altitude (Category A)
- Operating: 5 to 131°F (-15 to 55°C)
- Storage: -67 to 158°F (-55 to 70°C)
- Altitude: 15,000 feet maximum pressure altitude for full cancellation
- Bluetooth wireless technology 3.1
• 30% greater active noise reduction than conventional aviation headsets
• 30% less clamping force than conventional aviation headsets
• Clear audio with active equalisation
• Bluetooth® audio and communications interface for connectivity with your communications and navigation devices*
• Customisable audio prioritisation control lets you mute an audio signal when receiving a communication, or mix the two together
• Simple, intuitive headset operation—plug it in, turn it on, go flying
• Coiled cable down-cable now available in selected configurations
• Certified to FAA TSO-C139 and EASA ETSO-C139
• Adjustable powered microphone can be connected to either earcup and set in a range of stable positions for optimal communications
• Smart shutoff helps provide at least 45 hours of use from just two AA alkaline batteries
• Five-year transferable limited warranty covers parts, labour and second-day return expenses for non-abuse malfunctions
- A20® Aviation Headset
- In-line clothing clip
- Control module
- 2 AA batteries
- Aux-in cable adapter
- Carrying case
What makes the A20 Aviation Headset different from other products on the market?
The A20® headset offers an unmatched combination of clear audio, noise reduction and comfort, combined with the advanced features that pilots value, such as Bluetooth® audio streaming, customisable audio prioritisation, auto-on (selected models) and smart shutoff. In addition, Bose has significant experience engineering mission-critical communication headsets used in a variety of applications, including unique headsets for military air and ground operations, the NFL and consumers worldwide. Bose was the first company to introduce commercially available, active noise reduction headsets to the market and has over 25 years of experience providing headsets for critical communications globally, with 16 service centres worldwide.
Can I listen to music or other audio wirelessly via Bluetooth®?
Yes, the Bluetooth® music experience is the best way to listen to music wirelessly and provides Bose® quality sound. You can also stream warnings and alerts from your favourite apps. In addition, the A20 headset also has other Bluetooth® profiles, including hands-free calling and multi-point, which allows you to connect to more than one wireless device simultaneously.
Do I need to do anything to optimise the performance of my headset?
No. The headset constantly adjusts to the noise environment and automatically optimises the performance it delivers.
Why is TSO important?
A Technical Standard Order (TSO) is a minimum performance standard for specified materials, parts and appliances used on civil aircraft. When a company is authorised to manufacture a material, part or appliances to a TSO standard, this is referred to as TSO authorisation. When a company receives a TSO authorisation, it is assured that the product meets these minimums in both design and production. Bose Corporation meets all and exceeds many TSO requirements.
Can I comfortably wear eyeglasses and hats with the A20 headset without impacting the headset's performance?
Yes. The earcups' supple leather-covered foam cushions are designed to provide an effective acoustic seal even over glasses. You should be able to wear your glasses comfortably without significantly diminishing the headset's noise reduction benefits. There is no need to calibrate or recalibrate the headset to maintain optimal performance. The headset adjusts automatically.
Does the A20 headset have auto-on or auto-off capability?
Yes, the aircraft powered version of the A20 headset has both auto-on and auto-off capability, so when the avionics have been turned on, the headset will turn on automatically once aircraft power is detected. Battery-powered versions of the headset have auto-off, but require that you press the power button to turn on the headset.
Can I convert my 6-pin plug headset?
Adapters are available from Bose to convert a 6-pin connector to either a dual G/A plug or a U174 for additional connection flexibility.
Can I switch the boom microphone from the left-hand side to the right-hand side?
Yes. The boom mic can easily be swapped from the left- to right-hand side (or vice versa) by unscrewing two screws and repositioning the mic onto the desired earcup.
Are original Aviation Headset X® accessories compatible with the Bose A20 headset?
Not really. While these cushions and parts may be forced onto the A20 Aviation Headset, they have not been designed or implemented for this product.
No customer reviews for the moment.